Saturday, February 25, 2012

Even though Dragon Age 2 sucked, are you still exicted for and going to get Dragon Age 3?

Even though Dragon Age 2 sucked, are you still exicted for and going to get Dragon Age 3?Even though Dragon Age 2 sucked, are you still exicted for and going to get Dragon Age 3?
Considering Brent Knowles, Former Lead on Dragon Age Origins LEFT Bioware because of Dragon Age 2, I have no hope for the future of this saga. As he said: "I'm not the same person I was when I started, and BioWare isn't the same company".

Here I leave you all the story and why DA 2 is a bad sequel (words of Brent Knowles):
"We were nearing the end of active work on design content for Dragon Age... there was still a lot more bug fixing/polishing/ and fill-content generation ahead but the core plot/writing and level design was finished. My work was rapidly shifting into that of reviewing what the team had put together.

Discussion on Dragon Age 2 began around this time and looking ahead I knew that I wasn't going to be satisfied with what Dragon Age 2 would be. Party control/tactical combat are huge factors in my enjoyment of a role-playing game as is adopting the role of the hero (i.e., customizing my character). I was fairly certain Dragon Age would transition towards more of a Mass Effect experience, which while enjoyable is not the type of role-playing game I play. Could I be the lead designer on such a title? Certainly... though if I were going to work on a game adopting a set-in-stone protagonist I'd rather work on something lighter, like a shooter.

Through a series of circumstances it was decided that with my not wanting to participate on Dragon Age 2 it was time to transition in a new lead to finish the Dragon Age console versions and ramp up for Dragon Age 2. I moved out of an active lead role though I stayed on for several months performing quality assurance and helping with the transition. I completed the game several times during this period and racked up the second or third highest bug totals... so, still busy but doing something quite different.

After this was over and the content locked down I took a sabbatical. When I returned to work I was hoping that there would be a new project lined up for me.

There wasn't, not really. I did some high level design for a potential new project but a few months later I realized that, given cutbacks and other things that it really seemed unlikely that the project I had been 'assigned' to was ever going to materialize. I can't/won't go into any other details other than to point to an old entry I made about this and reiterate: "I'm not the same person I was when I started, and BioWare isn't the same company. "

So I quit, giving a couple months notice to finish up my obligations on the new/hypothetical project and then in early September 2009 I left BioWare.

- Brent Knowles
Lead Designer for Dragon Age: Origin

http://blog.brentknowles.com/2010/08/15/bioware-brent-year-10-fall-2008-summer-2009/

__________________________

That should say a lot about why DA 2 is a fail and why DA 3 has no hope to be half good Dragon Age Origins was. For me, only Origins and Awakening are part of the saga. Every other product (DA 2, the FUNimation horrible movie called "Dawn of the Seeker", etc are only a piece of GARBAGE).

Mike Laidlaw is ruining the saga. He thinks the new combat is "Awesome" and the art-style "cool". For me, both are horrible and NO longer Compatible with Dragon Age (Origins/Awakening)
But "Dragon Effect/Skyrim" ---%26gt; A piece of ****.

Too bad, because I am sure they will use Morrigan as her "Ace in the hole" but if they don't respect what they achieved in Origins/Awakening: the immersive dialogues with no voiced main character, the different and extensive scenarios, the elf, dwarf and qunari lore, the charismatic companions, the mature art-style and "grey-adult" graphics, tactical combat system, isometric camera (PC version), possibility of changing clothes of your party... and The Grey Wardens, the tevinter mages and the Architect roles I won't buy DA 3.

So, it is very difficult unless they return to Origins and start making the game from there. Something that is impossible because of Mike Laidlaw's stupid ideas and EA. Goodbye to the Bioware I once knew!

Listen to the fans for the first time or Go to hell!
_________________________
Dragon Age 2 did not suck. It was pretty good, but it was nothing like Origins. Yes I am very excited as Origins pulled me into the series. I hope your Warden form Origins comes back as well as The Champion of Kirkwall. I also hope for more character variety. What I mean is to give us more playable races. A new place in Thedas will be nice. All in all, cant wait for it.



Hope I helped some:)Even though Dragon Age 2 sucked, are you still exicted for and going to get Dragon Age 3?
Dragon Age 2 didn't suck anything but your mother's hairy sack. Dragon Age 1 + 2 were, and still are two of my favorite games right now, and I dream of Dragon Age 3 every night.
YES! Dragon Age: Origins is the only reason why I'm even thinking about getting Dragon Age 3. I didn't like Dragon Age 2 all that much.Even though Dragon Age 2 sucked, are you still exicted for and going to get Dragon Age 3?
No because it will suck even more than its predecessor.

No comments:

Post a Comment