Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Dragon Age is installed on an external hard drive. How do I install a patch?

I installed DA:O on my external hard drive because my main is getting full. I want to download the patch, 1.02a, but running the .exe tells me that Dragon Age is not installed. I'm assuming because the game is not installed on my C drive? Is there anyway around this?Dragon Age is installed on an external hard drive. How do I install a patch?
are you able to point the patch installer to your external drive?

try changing your regisry to default install programs to your external drive so that you can install, then just switch it back once its installed.

BACKUP YOUR REGISTRY and follow these steps



You may want to change the location of your system default folder (C:\Program Files) from C drive to another system drives (D or E drive). By default software setup will attempt to install program in C:\Program Files directory. It is good practice to make the backup of the installed programs, if you installed all your programs in other than C drive. If you have little knowledge about editing windows registry then you can configure your computer for this purpose.



Follow the given steps to configure windows registry:



1. Click on Start button then type Regedit in Run option.

2. Here navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ SOFTWARE\ Microsoft\Windows\ CurrentVersion

3. In right side panel, double click on ProgramFileDir.

4. Now modify the value to any other drive (for example D:\Program Files).

Now close the registry editor and restart your computer after any changes to go into effect.



you may have to put dragon age folder on your hard drive into a folder called Program FilesDragon Age is installed on an external hard drive. How do I install a patch?
email me at xxjwellsx@yahoo.com and i'll explain more

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment